Sunday: I woke up with every intention to go to church. However, when I got Kate Rivers up, she was running a low grade fever. Therefore, we thought it would be best for Kate Rivers and I to stay home. We just hung out at home that morning. When Keith got done at church, he went to the Country Club to get us some take-out lunch. When he got home, we ate....it was so yummy! After lunch, we put the girls down for naps. I made my weekly grocery run while the girls were sleeping. It looked like it was about to pour any minute, and I was praying I could make it in and out of the grocery store before the bottom fell out. I did rain on me on the way back to my car, but it wasn't terrible! I stopped by Sonic on the way home to get a drink. I got home and unloaded the groceries and put them away. I then played on the computer for a little bit while the girls were still down for naps. They got up and we played for a little bit. At around 5, Ava and Keith went back to church. Kate Rivers seemed to be doing better, but we wanted to be safe so we kept her home. I cooked dinner, and Kate Rivers and I went ahead and ate. After we ate, I gave her a bath. I then let her play until Keith and Ava got home. Once they got home, Keith gave Ava a bath, and then she ate dinner. Keith put KR to bed while Ava was eating. After Ava finished eating, I dried her hair and then put her to bed. I then got the girls clothes laid out for the week. After that, I was just lazy for the rest of the evening. We went to bed fairly early.
Monday: I actually did really good about getting up early! We had to drive real slow to school because it was POURING, but we made it with a little time to spare. The day at school was really good. I felt like I got lots accomplished with my students. After school, I had to run to a costume store to fine an old lady wig (Friday is the 100th day of school, and the teacher's are dressing like old ladies). I got my wig and headed to pick the girls up. They had a really good day! Again, we had to drive really slow on the way home because it was still pouring down rain. We got home, and Keith gave them baths before he had to be back to church for men's club. The girls and I ate dinner and hung out while Keith was gone. I put them in bed and watched some tv. Keith and I just visited before going to bed.
Tuesday: This was another cold, rainy day. We got up and got ready for school. We all had good days. After school, I picked the girls up at my mother-in-law's. Ava usually has dance on Tuesdays, but it was cold and rainy. Keith also had a meeting that night at 6, so I would have to take both girls to dance and come home to a dark house to get dinner ready, baths, and put them to bed. Therefore, we decided to just skip dance that night. We came home and relaxed. Keith was able to help me give them baths before he left for his meeting, so we had a really good, relaxing night. Keith got home a little after 8. We visited for a little bit and went to bed fairly early.
Wednesday: Again, we got up and got ready to go to school. School was fine. After school, we came home and got ready for church. We went to church and the dinner after. We all came home, and we gave the girls baths. We put them to bed shortly after their baths. We then watched the weather, because our area was expecting snow. I went to bed really early, but another teacher friend from school texted me about an hour after I dozed off wanting to know if I had heard anything yet about whether or not we were having school. I called her and talked to her a minute. Then I watched the weather. I never heard anything about school, so I went back to bed.
Thursday: I woke up at my usual time and immediately checked twitter and Facebook to see if there was any information about school closures. It seemed that everyone around my district was closed, but I still didn't see anything about Scott County. My assistant texted me about that time and told me that we were having school. I felt like she had accurate information because her husband works for the sheriff's department, but I still didn't have an official word. I laid in bed as long as a possibly could before getting in the shower. After I got out of the shower, I told Keith to go ahead and get the girls up because it looked like we were going to have school. About the time he got them up and dressed and started on breakfast, I got word that we were NOT having school......ughhhh. They didn't want to go back to bed, so after we all got ready, we went out in the snow and played for a bit. We then came in, and I let them play around the house during the morning. We then had lunch, and I put them down for their afternoon naps. They both took really long naps! After Keith got home, we decided to go to Jackson since the snow had melted. Keith had to make a hospital visit. The girls and I just waited in the car while he ran into the hospital. After that, I needed to run to Old Navy. I ran in, but I didn't find what I was looking for. We then stopped and got a bite to eat before heading home. After we got home, we gave the girls baths and put them in bed. We went to bed not too long after.
Friday: We got up and got ready to go to school. It felt weird going to school after being out Thursday, but we made it! We celebrated the 100th day, so that was a lot of fun. The girls went to my mother-in-law's for the day...she is taking off every Friday from the preschool from now on. After I picked them up, we headed to Jackson. I met Keith with the girls. He took them home so I could get some shopping done. I came home after I finished shopping. We went to bed pretty early.
Saturday: This was a very lazy day. We did absolutely nothing! We stayed home all day and just rested and relaxed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment