We had a really good week last week. It was busy, but so much fun!
Sunday: We got up and all got ready for church. Keith usually goes before me and takes the girls on to Sunday School. He texted me about 10 minutes after they got to church that the nursery worker was there....It ended up that she was sick, so I had him bring the girls home and we just hung out until Keith got done with church. We were going to go eat Mexican after church, but there were so many cars and it looked packed. We opted for Pizza Hut instead. It was good and nice to have something different. We came home and just had a lazy day.
Monday: This was New Years Eve. Keith worked this day, so the girls and I just stayed home. We enjoyed our day at home....this was like our only day at home over the break. After Keith got home, we drove to Brandon to meet his brother, sister-in-law, and their little boy for dinner at a b-b-q place. It was really good and not that crowded. After dinner, we went over to their house for a while and hung out. We came home and went to bed....we did not make it until midnight--We are getting old.
Tuesday: Happy New Year! The girls and I got up, got ready, and headed up to my parents' house for a few days. We left Keith at home because he had to work the rest of the week. We got there around lunch. My mom cooked a wonderful lunch, and we at too much. After lunch, we went to the movies with my sister and her 2 kids. After the movie, we went to a yummy frozen yogurt place.
Wednesday: My dad takes my sister and I shopping every year right before Christmas. Since we didn't get out of school until December 21, we had to wait until after Christmas to go. This was the day we picked for our annual shopping trip! We had a great day! We started the day off at Target. Then we went to Michael's. After we got done at those two places, it was time for lunch. We always go to Red Lobster, so of course we had to keep with tradition! After a delicious lunch, we went to the mall and stopped a few places there. We headed on back to my parents' house after that. We got home early afternoon, so my mom, sister, her two kids, and my two kids all went to Oxford. My mom saw a chair she wanted to buy and of course we had to stop for ice cream. We also went to this really nice antique store they have in Oxford. So fun. My dad was filling in for the preacher at church that night, so we had to make it back in time for church. He did a WONDERFUL job as always! After we got back to my parents' house, it was getting close to bedtime!
Thursday: We were planning on leaving this day to go home. However, we went to breakfast with my best friend from home and her little boy and also her mom. After breakfast, we hit the road and headed on home. That night, I went to Jackson to eat dinner with a really good friend who I used to teach with in Brandon. We had a great dinner as always! :) After that, my friend and I went to Target, and then I came home and went to bed.
Friday: Keith and I were going to Birmingham that weekend to the Ole Miss bowl game. We took the girls to his mom that morning and planned on hitting the road to get to Birmingham early. However, Keith had to run by the hospital in Jackson to make a pastoral care visit. After that, we were on our way! We got to Birmingham mid afternoon and checked into our hotel room. We decided to go to dinner at 5. We went to eat at Outback Steakhouse, and it was wonderful. After dinner, we went to the movies. We went to see Les Mis. I usually don't cry during movies, but I just couldn't control myself during this one. There is so much for to Les Mis other than being a musical. It has a REALLY good and deep message. It is definitely a movie that the I want to own!
Saturday: This was game day! We got up and got ready and headed on to the stadium. The game was so much fun (besides being cold), and I am so glad we won! We actually left 3rd quarter and headed on home. We were so glad to see the girls, and I think they were really glad to see us too. We came home and went to bed fairly early.
Sunday: This was the day before school started back. I tried to get back into routine this day. We went to church that morning and then went to lunch at the Mexican restaurant. After lunch, we came home and put the girls down for naps. I went to the grocery store while they were napping. We went to church that night and went to bed fairly early.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment