Monday, April 27, 2009

12 Months of Ava: Month One

In the first month of motherhood, Ava gave to me:



a family of THREE!!!



Wow! It's crazy how you go into the hospital as 2 and come out as 3. We went to the doctor on May 5th for my 37 week check-up and ultrasound. We went to the ultrasound first and found out that my fluid was low. We went on to my actualy doctor's appointment, and she explained to me how they do not wait for you to go into labor in situations as I was in. She informed us that we would induce that Wednesday (May 7th). We were super shocked...I just knew I would be a week or so late! :) Keith and I headed to Babies-R-Us to buy last minute things and made lots of phone calls to our friends. We spent Tuesday doing last minute things to get ready, and I had to go up to my school to tell my kids "goodbye" and tie up a few loose ends. I had a HUGE steak that night, and we got up the next morning VERY EARLY in order to be at the hospital at 5:30 am. To make a long story short, I was just not progressing. Therefore, my doctor decided a c-section was our only option at about 4:00 that afternoon. Ava was born at 4:44 weighing 6 punds 2 ounce and measuring 19.5 inches long, and changed our lives in so many ways that we never knew possible!!!

The rest of the hospital stay was uneventful. We just enjoyed loving on Ava and visiting with people who came to see us.

We were released on Saturday, May 10th! We then went home to start our new lives with our precious Ava!

So there you have it! In the first month of motherhood, Ava gave to me a family of three!!!

No comments: