Saturday, December 1, 2012

Our Week: November 25, 2012-December 1, 2012

I got no comments on my last few posts, so I think all of my readers have disappeared since I went MIA for so long! That's ok---I am bound and determined to keep this blog going this time! :)

I have seen several people do week in review posts and I think that's something I am going to try. I think it will be fun to go back and look at in the future! I am going to try to do Sunday-Saturday....

This week was a pretty busy week. It was our first week back at school since Thanksgiving Break, and it was just hard to get back into routine. We made it, though!

Sunday: We got up and got ready for church. We had a good church service. After church, we went to eat Mexican. We came home, and the girls had rest time. Keith worked out, and I made my normal Sunday grocery run. Once the girls got up, they played for a little while. Ava had to be at church at 5 to practice for the Christmas program. Keith took her to that. He brought her home at 6 and went back to church to help decorate it for Christmas. I coooked dinner and fed the girls. After we had eaten, I gave them baths and put them to bed. Keith got home shortly after they were in bed. I got ready everything ready for school that week and went to bed.

Monday: This was our first day back at school after Thanksgiving Break. It was a pretty uneventful, normal day at school. I was glad to see all of my students. We had a teachers' meeting after school, and that lasted a little longer than I had hoped. That's ok, though, because we rarely have extra meetings! We came home after school. The girls had some play time while I cooked dinner. After we ate, we gave the girls baths and put them to bed. I went to bed fairly early so I wouldn't be tired the next day!

Tuesday: We got up and got ready for school....Keith always gets the girls ready for school and I get myself ready....it is SUCH a big help, and I rarely feel over frazzled in the mornings! I dropped the girls off at their "school." Speaking of, my mother-in-law works at the daycare/preschool they go to, and I am so very thankful for that! She is always there when we get there in the mornings. She gets of at 2 and takes them home with here every afternoon. I just pick them up from her house....As I said, I am so thankful! Anyway, I dropped them off and went to school. Tuesdays are my P.E. days and I get a pretty long planning period after breakfast. I got a lot done during planning. We had a pretty good, productive day with the students. As soon as school was over, I rushed to Mrs. Joanne's house to get the girls so we could get home, and I could get Ava ready for dance. We got home and got Ava changed into her dance uniform. Keith came home to stay with Kate Rivers while I took Ava to dance. After dance, Ava and I came home, and we all ate dinner. We gave the girls baths and they had time for some play time. After a while, we put them to bed. We just hung out until time to go to bed.

Wednesday: I woke up a little later than I would have liked this day. I felt very rushed getting ready. Luckily, we made it right on time. This was another good day at school. Our morning went very well. After lunch, the first grade teachers met for grade level. We had a good meeting, and got our Christmas activities all planned out! After school, I went to pick up the girls so we could get home and get ready for church. Ava and Kate Rivers had to be there at 5:15. I had every intention of going, but I was so tired (especially after feeling rushed that morning), so I just stayed home. Keith brought the girls home after church, and then he left to go practice for the Community Christmas Contata. I got the girls ready for bed, and then I just hung out for a while. We ended up staying up later than I should have.

Thursday: I woke up late AGAIN....ugh...I think I just had trouble getting back into routine this week after being off for Thanksgiving. I don't know. Anyway, I felt rushed again, but we made it to school on time once again! Hooray! It was another good, uneventful day at school. After school, I picked up the girls and we came home. We had no plans that afternoon, so we all had a great afternoon/evening together! :)

Friday: Surprise, surprise...overslept AGAIN, but of course we made it on time! I love Fridays....it's so exciting knowing that we have a WHOLE weekend ahead of us. We had a great day at school, and got a lot accomplished. My kids were a little chatty this day, but that's nothing new. I left school about 15 minutes early so I could get the girls and we could get ready! Our town had their annual Christmas Tree Lighting/Parade that night, and the kids from church were singing in the Christmas Tree Lighting. Also, my high school was playing in the State Championship Football Game. My whole family was going to be there, and I was dying to go. So......Keith and Ava stayed in Carthage so she could sing, and Kate Rivers and I headed to Jackson to meet my family at Red Lobster for dinner before the game. After dinner, we headed to the game. Keith and Ava met us there. It was so much fun being with my whole family, and our team won! Yay! This is their 10th state title. We got home really late, so immediately put the girls to bed and then went to bed.

Saturday: This was a really lazy day. Keith let me sleep in. Once I got up, I took my time getting ready. I then made a grocery list...I had to do grocery shopping this day because we were going to be tied up all day Sunday. After that, we fixed the girls' lunch and ate lunch ourselves. After lunch, the girls went down for rest time. During that time, I went to the grocery store. I got home, and Ava was up. She helped me get the groceries out of the car. I then sat down and watched the SEC Championship game with Keith. Kate Rivers got up not too long after I got home. She and Ava had fun playing while we watched the game. We all went to pick up dinner at half time. We came back home to eat and finish the game. We let the girls rent a redbox movie. They watched most of the movie before it was time for baths and bed. Keith and I watched a movie after they went to bed. We went to bed not long after that.

This coming week seems like it is going to be busy too. It is always so busy around Christmas, but oh so fun!


No comments: