Sunday, December 9, 2012

Our Week: December 2-December 9, 2012

We had a really busy week this week. We had a lot of fun things planned, too! It's just getting so busy the closer it gets to Christmas....That's ok, though, because I love to be busy.

Sunday: We got up and got ready for church. Church was really good. We went out to eat at the Country Club after church. Their Sunday lunch is always so good! They have a buffet full of vegetables, fried chicken, and wonderful desserts! We came home and put the girls down for rest time. I didn't get to go to the grocery store this day because the child had their Christmas program that night and had to be at the church by 4:30. My parents were coming down for the program. They got here at about 3:30. We visited a while until it was time to take the kids to church. At 6:00, my parents and I went over to the church for the program. It was really good, and we enjoyed it. We came home and had chicken chili that that I had in the crockpot. Keith had choir practice at the Baptist church, so I gave the girls baths and put them to bed. I went to bed not too long after Keith got home.

Monday: We got up early and got ready for school. Monday was a pretty uneventful day at school (besides the fact that it was a Monday and Mondays are always so busy and hectic). I picked the girls up from my mother-in-law's house after school. We came home, and I got dinner ready. After we ate, we gave the girls baths. They had a little play time before it was time to go to bed. I watched a little tv after they went to bed. We went to bed not long after.

Tuesday:  We got up and got ready for school. After I dropped the girls off at their school, I headed on in to work. It was going to be a busy day because my assistant was out, and I was there by myself. I have never had an assistant before teaching at the school I am at now, but it makes a HUGE difference! The kids are used to having two adults in the room, and it's just hard when one of us is out. We made it, though! The kids are wound up because they are ready to be our for Christmas Break, but that's just how it is when you teach first grade! It also didn't help that we were stuck inside because it was rainy. After school, I picked up the girls so we could get home and get Ava ready for dance. Keith took her to dance for me. Kate Rivers and I just stayed home and hung out. We ate dinner after Keith and Ava got home. After dinner, the girls had some play time. We then gave them baths and put them to bed. We just hung out until time to go to bed.

Wednesday: This was actually a pretty uneventful day. We went to school. I got a lot accomplished with my class. After school, we came home. Keith had an event to go to in town. The girls and I just stayed home. We ate dinner, played, and then they got baths. Keith had choir practice again at the Baptist church that night. I put the girls to bed and waited on him to get home. We visited for a while before time to go to bed.

Thursday: This was my Friday at work...yay! I had taken the next day off to go Christmas shopping. This day was kind of stressful at school. We went over to the auditorium for the 2nd grade program at 10. This kind of threw the kids off since it was something different so they were WILD for the rest of the day. It was still too wet to go outside, and that throws them off (even on a normal day). After school, we rushed home. We had a friend from church who agreed to keep the girls so Keith and I could go to Jackson to the Clergy/Spouse Christmas Dinner. We dropped the girls off and headed to Jackson. We really enjoyed the dinner! Once we got back to town, we picked the girls up and came home. We then gave them baths and put them to bed. We went to bed not long after them.

Friday: We slept in a little later this day than normal (since I was off and Keith always takes Fridays off). Once we got up, we got the girls ready and took them to school so we could at least make a good dent in our Christmas shopping. We had SUCH a fun day....we love our girls to death, but it's so nice to just get a way for a day sometimes. The first stop we made was Target. We ended up buying most of our stuff there. However, there were a few things we couldn't find at Target, so we had to go to Walmart. We found what we needed in Walmart. We also saw a few people we knew, so we visited with them for a few minutes. After Walmart, Keith wanted to run to cSpire so see about upgrading his phone. After that, it was lunchtime. We had lunch at Logan's. We had a really good lunch, but they were running sooo behind. It was ok, though, because we weren't in a huge hurry. After lunch, we were done with our shopping for the day, so we decided to head to a movie. We went to see Breaking Dawn: Part 2. I wasn't that crazy about it. It was just ok to me. I think they should of just made Breaking Dawn one movie, but that's just me. After the movie, we went to Keith's mom's house to pick up the girls. We had to pick them up quickly because Ava's dance class was performing at the nursing home that night. We came straight home to get ready for the performance. The girls did GREAT!! After that, we came home, gave them baths, and put them to bed. We went to bed not too long after.

Saturday: This was another fun day. The girls and I got up and got ready to go to my parents' house for the night. Keith couldn't go with us because he had his first night of the Christmas Cantata, and he had church Sunday morning. Soon after we got to my parents house, we all loaded up to go visit my aunt who lives about an hour from my parents. Her town has the best fish house, so we ordered fish to eat for dinner. It was so good, and the company was even better. After dinner, my parents, the girls, and I loaded up to go back to my parents' house for the night! When we got back to their house, we got ready for bed.

*This next week looks like it's going to be just as busy! I hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments: