Sunday, December 30, 2012

Our Week: December 23-29, 2012 (Merry Christmas! )

I know....another boring weekly post. I am really going to try to do better about posting throughout the week! In fact, I am planning a year in review post coming up this week. I also need to do better about putting pictures on here....nobody likes to read a blog with NO pictures...ha!


Last week was kind of weird. I got sick....AGAIN. Therefore, we missed our yearly shopping trip the day after Christmas with my mom...so sad.

Sunday: 
We got up and got ready for church. Church was really good. I love going to church especially right around Christmas. After church, we went to lunch. We were going to try to eat at the country club, but it was closed :(. We just ended up picking up something quick, because we had to run to Jackson anyway. Keith had to go to Jackson to visit someone in the hospital. After Jackson, we went straight to Keith's parents' house for our first Christmas. We had such a good time. The kids loved playing with all of their gifts. After that, we came home. After we got home, we got the kids ready for bed. We went to bed not long after.

Monday (Christmas Eve):
We got up that morning and got ready because we had another Christmas at Keith's parents' house...this time with his mom's extended family. We had a really good time again. We had to leave about 3 so we could get home. Our church does come and go communion from 5-6, and of course Keith had to be here for that. Once he got home, we went to find something to eat....we have always had the tradition of picking up Wendy's every Christmas Eve. However, our Wendy's was not open. :(  We had to settle for McDonald's instead...haha. Once we got home an ate, the girls and I made cookies for Santa. After that, we got the girls in bed. The surprisingly went to sleep quickly and easily! Once we knew that they were good and asleep, we set out all of their Christmas presents. We went to bed shortly after. However, someone in the neighborhood thought it would be a great idea to shoot fireworks (BIG fireworks) at midnight. It lasted a while, so that kind of kept us up. Luckily, the girls didn't wake up!

Tuesday (Merry Christmas!) and Wednesday:
The girls got up at about 7:30 to see what all they got for Christmas. They had a great time playing with all of their gifts. After we had eaten breakfast, played, and got ready, it was time to go to my parents' house for a few days! It was SO rainy this day, and it was a very hard drive to my parents' house, but we made it! Once we got their, we ate lunch...so good! After lunch, we opened gifts and just hung out and had family time the rest of the day. Keith was originally going to stay until Wednesday, but the forecast was showing snow overnight, so he went on home. He left about 9. Once he called to let me know he had made it home, we went to bed. About 30 minutes later, I started feeling SO sick to my stomach. I ended up with a stomach bug. Luckily it only lasted 12 hours. Kate Rivers also got it. My parents were wonderful! My dad went to town three times. He got me gatorade. I had sent him to get pedialyte for KR, but he kept getting the wrong thing....ha! We were supposed to go shopping with my mom, sister, niece, and nephew this day, but obviously we didn't get to go. I just laid around all day, and we went to bed early.

Thursday: 
I woke up feeling much better, and Kate Rivers was better too. We left my parents at about 10:30 to head home. We were going swing through Madison on the way home because we really wanted Chick-fil-a. However, my mom called me at about Canton, and I had left my hair dryer and flat iron at home. I HAVE to have those two things, so I was going to have to turn around and meet her halfway in Winona to get it. However, since we were SO close to Madison, I was going to get my Chick-fil-a by darn! We did get our Chick-fil-a, then we headed back north....We met my mom at Winona. I got my stuff and we started back home. I don't remember what time it was by the time we got home, but it was sometime that afternoon. We just hung out that night at home and went to bed early.

Friday:
We were having our dog spayed this day. She had to be at the vet at 8:30. The vet is about 15 minutes from Morton, so we decided to take the girls to spend the day with their Nana (Keith's mom) while we had a day in Jackson. We dropped them off. Then we took the dog by the vet. After that, we headed over to Jackson. It was soooo cold and rainy this day....pretty miserable. After we got to Jackson, I had to run by Office Depot to pick some things up for school, but they didn't have what I was looking for. We ended up going to the teacher store in Ridgeland, and I got a good bit of stuff. After that, we went to lunch at O'Charley's. After lunch, we went to the movie. Then after that, we headed back to Morton to pick up the girls. They had a fun day, and Keith and I also enjoyed our day. We were going to head on back to Carthage, but Keith's brother called while we were at his parents' house wanting to know if we all wanted to meet them for dinner at a steak house in the next town over. We LOVE to eat out, so of course we said we would! We killed some time before dinner. We had a really nice dinner, and then we headed home. We went to bed not long after we got home.

Saturday:
We had our last Christmas this day. We also had to pick up the dog at the vet. We got up and got ready.  We then went to pick up the dog. We were sooo glad to see her, and I think she was glad to see us too! We dropped her off at Keith's parents' house and headed to place where we were having the reunion/Christmas. We had a nice time and enjoyed visiting with family! We came home after and just relaxed at home the rest of the evening. It was so nice to be home after being away the past week or so.

This next week is looking really busy too! It's my last week off school, and it filled up fast! The girls and I are going to my parents' house Tuesday-Thursday. Then, Keith and I are going to Birmingham Friday and Saturday to watch Ole Miss play in the bowl game! :)

No comments: