So, I didn't do a weekly post last week. I ended up sick with a really bad sinus infection and school was wrapping up...I just got too busy and never got a chance to post.
Sunday: We got up and got everyone but me ready for church. I didn't go because I was starting to get sick and just didn't feel well. After everyone got home from church, we ate lunch and the girls had rest time. After rest time, they got up and played for a while. Keith had a thing at the church that evening. We just hung out while he was gone. We all went to bed early because of school and the fact I still wasn't feeling great.
Monday: We got up and got ready for school. I dropped the girls off at their school and headed to my school. The whole first grade was going to the nursing home to sing for the residents that morning, so we got ready for that. After we got back from the nursing home, it was lunch time. After lunch, we just made crafts the rest of the day and got ready for our party which was the next day. After school, I picked up the girls and we came home and relaxed. I tried to rest as much as I could because I just was still not well. We went to bed early.
Tuesday: This was a HUGE day at school for both me. We had our big Christmas party that morning at 10. After the party, the kids could get checked out and go home for the day. I didn't think I would make past lunch that day because I felt absolutely HORRIBLE. The party went really well and most of the kids went home. I decided just to stay and tough it out. We didn't do much the rest of the day with the kids that did stay. I left as soon as school was out. Keith met me at home, and I went straight to bed, and he had kid duty. He took the girls to a Sunday School Christmas party that night while I stayed in bed. I took my temp and I had fever, so I texted my assistant principal to let her know that I would be out the next day. It wasn't a huge deal because we didn't have kids the rest of the week since it was exams. I went to sleep early.
Wednesday: I got up and sent the girls off to school (Keith took them). I then got ready as much as I could and went to the doctor. I ended up with a really bad sinus infection. I got a z pack and something else. I immediately started my medicine and rested the rest of the day. A few weeks ago, the choir director had offered to keep our girls so we could have a night out. We were going to call and cancel, but she had SO many fun activities planned with them that we decided to take them anyway. I was feeling a tad bit better, so we drove to Jackson for dinner. I felt bad again by the end of the night, but it was nice to get out for a little bit. We got home and picked up the girls. We brought them home and put them to bed.
Thursday: I decided to go back to school this day. As I said, we had no kids so I was able to get a good bit done in the classroom. The first grade teachers also had our Christmas party so that was a lot of fun. After school, I picked up the girls, and we came home. When we got home, we decided to ride with Keith to a funeral visitation in Canton. After that, we went and picked up some dinner in Madison. I got Chick-fil-a, but I just couldn't eat bc I had NO appetite after being sick....so sad bc I usually LOVE Chick-fil-a. We came home and put the girls to bed and then went to bed.
Friday: This was the last day of school before Christmas Break...yay!!! The girls stayed home, but I got up and got ready for school. We were having our faculty breakfast that morning which is usually soooo good (breakfast casserole, grits, fruits, biscuits, hame, bacon, etc....). First, I got stopped by train so I was running behind. Then, when I got there and it was time to eat, I still had no appetite, so I didn't eat much. :( After breakfast, I went back to my room and wrapped up some stuff. We got to leave a 11...yay! After school, I went to Jackson to finish up a little Christmas shopping. Dogwood was CU-Razy, but I made out alive! :) That night we just relaxed.
Saturday: This was a fun day...I was finally feeling better, and we had several things planned. My mom came down for the night. When she got here, we ran to Dollar Tree and Wal Mart to get a few things. After that we came back to the house. Keith, the girls, my mom, and I all went to Canton that night to the Christmas lights. We had so much fun. The weather was perfect (not too cold). The girls loved it! They loved the lights. We also rode the carousel, and the horse drawn buggies. After we left, we went to eat a McAlister's. After we got back to Carthage, we still weren't really ready to go home, so we spent about an hour riding around Carthage looking at Christmas lights. It was the perfect Christmas evening. We came home and put the girls in bed. We went to bed not long after them.
I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas. I can't believe we are already to Christmas Eve. This season has flown for me! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment