We are doing really well since bringing Kate Rivers home from the hospital. I can't believe she is only five days old. It seems like she has been with us for much longer. She is such a blessing to our family. I am so blessed with my sweet little girls and a wonderful husband.
Ava is adjusting quite well. She has shown no real signs of jealousy yet. I hope that continues. She seems to really like the baby, and she has been such a good help! Adjusting from 1 to 2 has really been MUCH easier than I thought it would be--maybe we'll entertain the idea of having a 3rd baby! :)
Kate Rivers is also doing well. She hasn't "woken up" yet, though. She has been pretty easy so far since she sleeps most of the time right now. We took her back to the hospital yesterday for her 2 day checkup, and she has gained 1 ounce since we left the hospital. Yay! I was worried that she may have lost some more weight, but she seems to be doing well. She is just perfect. I could stare at her all day!
As for me, I am doing well. My hormones are a little crazy right now, though. It's not severe by any means. Things just aren't back to normal right now, and I am having a hard time settling into a routine. I can't lift Ava right now, so that is kind of hard. I don't want her to feel neglected, and I miss spending so much time with her. I do try to spend as much time playing with her as I can. I just feel a little out of sorts trying to adjust to our new normal. I will be glad when I can get out more, and we can get into a little more of a routine so to speak. I know it will come with time, though! :)
We are taking Kate Rivers' newborn pictures tomorrow. I can't wait to see how they turn out! Keith is going back to work Tuesday, so my mom will be here Tuesday-Thursday. I can't wait for her to be back! :) I love having her here.
Well, I hope everyone has had a great weekend! I just wanted to give everyone an update on our new family of 4!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
She is beautiful! I agree that going from one to two was much better than I expected. Those hormones are awful... This is definitely the worst part about having a baby in my opinion. You will have a great routine with two in no time! Jude is only 6 weeks old, and I already can't even remember life before he was here :)
Post a Comment