We have had a busy first week of summer! It has been fun, though! I should probably should make this several posts, but I will try to fit it all in this post.
Last Sunday afternoon, we decided to take Ava to the local splash park. I wish I had pictures...she had SO much fun! She was REALLY upset when we left...poor thing. Her favorite thing was going down the little water slide. HOWEVER, several little boys who were a good bit older than her kept cutting in front of her in line to go down the slide. :( And she was standing in line so nicely! Besides that, we had a GREAT time, and we will be returning in the near future. Our little girl loves anything to do with water!
Keith's sister and her husband wanted to go to Ship Island Monday for Memorial Day. We agreed to go with them. However, after lots of consideration, we thought it would be better not to take Ava all the way out to the island (especially in the middle of her normal napping time). We just rode down there with them and did things around Gulfport and Biloxi.
We tried to go eat lunch, which was a disaster. We ordered milk for Ava, and they brought it out in a plastic cup with a top for a straw. If she ever sees one of these cups, that is all she wants to drink out of...The only problem is that she does not understand that she can't turn the cup upside down while drinking out of a straw without milk spilling everywhere. We try to help her with this and show her how to hold it upright, but it just frustrates her. She screamed and was just really loud. Keith and I took turns taking her outside, but Keith finally came back in and told me that we probably needed to get "to go" boxes and eat in the van, so that's what we did. Ava is getting really hard to eat out with which makes me sad because I love eating out. Anyway, that's a different post for a different day!
After eating, we thought Ava might be sleeping so we rode along the beach while she slept. We decided to finally pull into the mall parking lot and just park because we were tired of driving to let her finish her nap. She woke up about the time we parked, so we decided to go in the mall for a while. After shopping for a while, we stopped at the pretzel place in the mall for a snack-I LOVE that place!
When we left the mall, we decided to take Ava to a park we had seen while riding around earlier. She had so much fun at the park, and we stayed about an hour. It was just SO hot! This was probably Ava's favorite part of the day! :)
Keith's sister called about the time we were leaving to tell us that they were on the boat and about to be heading back to Gulfport (the boat ride takes about an hour), so we went to a little souvenier shop while we waited on them.
We got back to Brandon that night at about 10:30 and went straight to bed. We were so tired after a long (but fun) day!
I had to go to the doctor unexpectedly Tuesday, so Ava went to "school." I felt bad taking her because I KNOW she had to be tired after the long day Monday. Everything is fine with the baby and me. I had this spot pop up on the back of my leg that was EXTREMELY painful and a little discolored. Of course (me being the paranoid person I am) I got into my head that I had been bitten by a brown recluse. I looked up pictures of bites, and that is exactly what mine looked like. I called my OB, and she told me to come in so they could look at it. I won't go into detail, but whatever it was turned into an infection, so I had to get it drained, and they put me on an antibiotic. She said the infection could be caused by a spider bite, but she couldn't really tell what caused it. She listened to the baby's heartbeat, and she is doing just fine! I am feeling MUCH better now--it's not near as painful! :) I go back to the doctor next Thursday for my regular 28 week appointment where I will get to have an ultrasound--yay!
Wednesday was a pretty laid back day. I started getting caught up on laundry, and Ava and I just played all day! It was so much fun being home just the two of us! I look forward to many more days like that this summer. I had Bible Study that night, so she and Keith got to spend some quality time together then!
Thursday we stayed home all morning. After Ava's nap, we went to story time at the local library! She LOVED it, and had a great time. Again, she cried when we left, but that just means she had fun. We will definitely be going back to that a good bit this summer!
So...that's what we've been up to since school has been out! I am excited to see what the rest of the summer has in store for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment