Friday, December 12, 2008

In Memory of Camille







We lost Camille 3 years ago Wednesday. She and two of her friends died in a car accident when they were on their way home from the South Panola State Championship game on December 10th, 2005. She was 19 years old and a freshman at Ole Miss. She is still missed terribly every day. Camille would be 22 now. Brett (the other person in the picture above) died just seven months before Camille in a car accident as well. We miss him so much too. I will make a post for him in May. I just thought I would make a list of things about Camille.

*Camille was a freshman at Ole Miss. She had recently pledged Chi Omega. She LOVED Ole Miss!
*Camille was actually on the news a few weeks before her accident. Ole Miss had just been ranked pretty high as one of the biggest party schools. The news came to campus to interview students about this, and of course they found Camille. She told them: "Ole Miss has some great parties, and you just have to know where to find them!" We thought that was cute.
*Camille had the ability to be the biggest tomboy but also the biggest "girly-girl" all at the same time! She was a FANTASTIC fast pitch softball player. Yet, she also won Most Beautiful at her school and was always a homecoming maid.
*One time when Camille was a tiny girl (probably 3 or 4), she was riding home with her mom and dad from Memphis (I think). They were on hwy 51 and got behind a person going really slow. John and Danielle thought Camille was asleep, but they learned otherwise when Camille yells out, "Why don't you just pass his sorry a** Daddy!"
*Christmas was her favorite time of year.
*Camille loved her friends and family and would do anything for them.
*She ALWAYS had a smile her face and was just a very loving girl. She could always make you feel better.

There are many more memories, but I will stop. We all miss you, Camille, but know we will see you again someday!


"When I'm down when my soul's in need of rest
Come your words of comfort and of hope
I see your face always smiling back at me
A stream of light running straight to the heart

Child of God, child of light
There'll be no more lonely nights
Cause you have brightened up my life

There's a road that leads me to this place
A path of love running straight to the heart
Over the years I've learned one important thing
It's that real friends shall never truly be apart
You were there in my darkest time of need
With a hand reaching straight to the heart

Child of God, child of light
There'll be no more lonely nights
Cause you have brightened up my life

Take this gift, it is all I have to give
A prayer of lover forever straight to the heart"---Michael W. Smith
















No comments: