January:
-I found out I was pregnant with Kate Rivers at the very end of December, so I had my first doctor's visit at the beginning of this month. I was just trying to take in the fact that I was pregnant, and I was also trying not to worry myself sick!
-We also started back to school from Christmas Break this month. I was trying to get back into routine.
-Nothing else extremely exciting happened this month besides going to my first doctor's visit. :)
February:
-We had a snow day this month so we were out of school the Friday before Valentines Day. It was so nice because we were also out the next Monday because of President's Day! It was a fun 4 day weekend!
-Keith and I had several movie/dinner dates this month. That was a lot of fun, too!
-At the end of February, I announced that I was pregnant!! :) So exciting!
March:
-I stayed sick most of March with sinus stuff. So not fun.
-We also had Spring Break this month. I spent most of Spring Break sick--so miserable.
-We gave my sister-in-law a baby shower this month (she had a baby boy in April).
-The Monday after Spring Break, I got SO sick with the stomach virus and sinus infection. Keith also had it....I was terrible!
-The last day of March, we found out that we were having a GIRL! I was soooo excited!
April:
-Easter was at the beginning of this month. We had a fun Easter. Ava's dress was gorg (if I do say so myself) :) We went to eat at Keith's parents with the whole family on Easter Sunday.
-My sister-in-law, Nancy, had her first baby (a boy) on April 12th....such a wonderful day! John Wesley has been SUCH a blessing to our family, and he is soooo sweet and laid back--always has a smile on his sweet face. Love him!
-My 28th(!) birthday was April 15th. We went to dinner and a movie for my birthday. My parents also came from North Mississippi to visit and take me out to eat--they also brought a cake.
-My class took a field trip to the zoo mid April. We had a great time!
May:
-Ava turned 2 on May 7th. We had a birthday party for her the weekend before her birthday. She had so much fun, and got lots of cute things. Keith and I took her to the zoo the day of her birthday (we did this the year before, too, so I think we may make this a tradition).
-We got out of school at the end of May. It was kind of a stressful time because I found out I would be moving from 4th grade to 5th grade, which meant I had to change rooms. Therefore, I had lots of packing to do....
-I was just so happy to be out of school for the summer so I could enjoy being home with Ava. It was also nice to be out of school the last trimester of my pregnancy.
-We also went to Ship Island at the end of this month with Keith's sister and her husband. That was a lot of fun.
June:
-June was a fun month. I was enjoying my summer, and having so much fun with Ava.
-This month began my "every other week" doctor's visits. I was actually glad I was to that point. I never minded my doctor visits at all. My doctor was great, and I loved to hear what she had to say about the pregnancy.
-Towards the end of the month, we took a trip to Gulf Shores. This was during to oil spill, and we were worried about the oil, but the beaches were fine until the very end of the week. Our little family with with my sister's family and my mom, and it was really just the best time!
July:
-Another fun month! I was really hot by this point, but still enjoying pregnancy.
-Keith and I took a trip to Vicksburg to watch the Miss Mississippi pageant. We had so much fun.
-I also spent a good part of this month getting my classroom ready for school, and getting my lesson plans done. I was honestly not happy about it. I just REALLY wanted to be able to stay home with my girls this year, but didn't think I would be able to.
-I got the nursery ready for the new baby. We also got Ava switched to a new room and a big girl bed.
August:
-This was probably the best month of the year for me!
-I started school August 2nd. My last day was August 20th. School went well. However, I was really starting to swell from the pregnancy so I was kind of uncomfortable.
-I was having weekly doctor's visits by this point, and honestly starting to deal with some anxiety. I don't think I stopped really worrying about Kate Rivers and my pregnancy until she was in my arms....it didn't help that she wasn't as active as Ava was. I went to one of my weekly appointments, and it took a few minutes to find the heartbeat--scared me to death!
-As I said earlier, August 20th was my last day at school. My c-section was scheduled for Tuesday, August 24th. That Monday I took the day for myself and did some shopping and getting last minute things ready for the baby. Keith and I went to dinner that night while my mom watched Ava.
-August 24th-Kate Rivers' birthday!!!!! Such a great day!!! :)
September:
-I was on maternity leave this entire month, and just trying to adjust to life with 2 children.
-I just don't have much to share from this month because we spent most of the month at home! :)
October:
-We finally started getting out more this month.
-We took Kate Rivers to the state fair, and it was sooo much fun!!!
-I went back to work for a week after maternity leave, and decided that I was going to stay home with my girls full time--Best.Decision.Ever!
-We also had our church's Fall Festival this month. It was so much fun take the girls to that.
-For Halloween, we went to a friend's house and took the kids trick-or-treating.
November:
-One of my favorite months! I love November.
-We didn't have a whole lot going on this month. We just enjoyed the girls and Thanksgiving with our families!
December:
-This was a busy month.
-We had lots of Christmas parties this month, and just really enjoyed the Christmas season!!!
I look forward to seeing what 2011 holds in store for our family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I love reading these! It sounds like y'all had a great year!
Such a big year for yall! Hope 2011 is filled with joy!
Post a Comment