Thursday, October 14, 2010

Prayer Request

Please keep me in your prayers over the next few days. I start back to work on Monday. I am very thankful to have a job and I LOVE my students, but it is going to be REALLY hard to go back.

I have really enjoyed being home these past few weeks, and it has really made me miss my stay-at-home mom days. To be completely honest, I am hoping and praying I can go back to staying home after May. It's just something that I feel God has called me to do at this point in my life.

If you are a stay-at-home mom, NEVER take it for granted. I would give anything to be in that position right now, but it's just not doable right at this point being under a contract and all.

Like I said, I LOVE MY STUDENTS and have always wanted to be a teacher, but right now my babies at home need me more. Even though we have a great daycare, I feel really guilty that is where they are spending a majority of their days. I heard someone say recently that there will always be another teacher for the students. However, there will never be another mother for my children. I only get one shot at this, and I just want to do what is best for my sweet girls.

This is just hard on me, and I find myself counting down to the next holiday or break, so I will have more time at home with Ava and Kate Rivers. I hate to do that because I am missing out on all of the ways they are changing by wishing for time to go by.

If you think about it over the next few days, just say a quick prayer for me as go back to work that I will quickly get adjusted. :) I just keep reminding myself that working is not forever, and I am thankful that I will hopefully have the opportunity to stay home after May! That will get me through!

2 comments:

The Downings said...

Emily- I am all too familiar with the feeling. It's one of the hardest things that I've ever had to do, but with much conviction and lots of praying, I learned to be okay with it. Some days are harder than others, and the beginning is not very easy. I will be praying for you.

Suzan said...

I just read this. I know it is tough. A day does not go by that I don't miss Gracie while we are both at "school." I do take some comfort in the fact that unlike many working moms, our jobs do allow for a lot more time at home with our babies. I will be praying for you as you go back to work.