Friday, March 26, 2010

Back to the Land of the Living-I Think!

WE HAVE BEEN SICK! Oh my goodness, it has not been fun. Keith and I have been so sick. Thankfully Ava has not gotten it yet (knock on wood). I have been sick for about month now with sinus stuff. It has caused me to have headaches, runny nose, and a HORRIBLE cough. I even had to miss school the Thursday before Spring Break because I was feeling SO bad. My mom told me to be thankful it was not during Spring Break. Well, I felt even worse during the first half of my Spring Break. I helped host a shower for my sister-in-law the Saturday SB started, and I just felt awful the whole time. I had the headache and cough. I came home afterward and went to bed. I felt ok (not great, but ok) Sunday and Monday. Tuesday I started feeling bad again. Wednesday, I had a hair appointment, and I woke up feeling horrible. My head was hurting and I could not stop coughing. I thought I would feel better after getting up and going, but I was wrong. The longer I sat in the salon, the worse I felt. I called my doctor's office after my appointment to see what I could take. They gave a me a list of things to take, so I stopped by Walgreen's after my appointment to get medicine. I had every intention of going to the mall to find an Easter dress for Ava, but quickly realized that just wasn't going to happen that day. After I came out of Walgreen's, I just sat in the car trying to get up the strength just to drive home. By this point my head was hurting so bad, I couldn't move without it killing me. I finally drove on home went straight to bed. Keith had to go to a funeral visitation in Vicksburg that night and I had planned on riding with him...I still rode with him regardless of the headache because I didn't think I could be home by myselt with Ava with a headache that bad....Y'all, it was hurting all down one side of my whole head down into my jaw....It just may have been the worst headache I have had. The nap and medicine did not help at all. Not to mention, this sickness has caused my appetite to completely go away, so I knew I was probably losing weight--not a great thing since I had lost weight at my last doctor's appointment and the doctor really wanted me to gain.

Anyway, Thursday I was feeling a little better, so we loaded up and headed to visit my parents in Batesville. Friday, we went to the zoo in Memphis which was great, but I will go into detail about that later. I was still sick, but feeling a little better. Keith, however, kept complaining about sinus pressure. By the time we left the zoo, he said that his head was REALLY starting to hurt. He took some of my medicine, but it didn't help. When we got back to my parents house, he went upstairs to try to sleep the headache off. About an hour later, his headache was ten times worse--a migraine. He has not had one in 4 years, but when he has them, they are BAD. He was throwing up and everything. He took several ibuprofen and phenegran, but it still really didn't help much. By the next morning, he was feeling a little better, but still was not great. We decided to head on home that morning.

Fast forward to Sunday: Keith was scheduled to preach a church. About 5:30 that morning, he woke up throwing up. He told me that he was going to go to Walgreen's to fill a prescription I had for nausea medicine. He got sick in the car before he could make it home. However, he made it through preaching at 8:30 in the morning. How he did this, I do not know, but he did! He got sick the minute the service was over, and came straight home and went to bed. He threw up the rest of the day. He had an AWFUL virus.

This is so selfish, but all I could think is "please don't let me get this!! I don't have time!" Monday, I had to have grades in by 9:00 am (I had not put grades from my gradebook in the computer since progress reports, and we can only do it at school--oops!). Tuesday was my formal evaluation, and I really just wanted to get that out of the way.

Keith stayed home Monday because he was still queasy and weak. I got to school at 5:40 so I could get all of my grades done by the 9:00 deadline, and I felt FINE when I got to school. I started feeling a little gross about 6:30 (by this time, I had my grades done), but I just blamed it on nerves with school starting back after a week off, etc....About 6:45, I mentioned to the teacher across the hall that I wasn't feeling well, and she said I sounded awful (Remember, I still had sinus stuff going on too). I told her that I was more sick to my stomach than anything else. She said I probably should go home, but I didn't want to go home in case I was just being paranoid. Well, I saw my assistant principal in the hall about 7:15 and mentioned to her that I wasn't feeling great. She, too, tried to get me to just go home, and I told her the same thing I told the teacher across the hall. She told me to give it about 10 minutes and see how I feel then. The kids came in the room, and I just started feeling worse by the minute. I finally just went and sat in the chair in the front of my room. As long as I was being still I was fine. Well, the assistant principal called my room, and I got up to go pick up the phone. She asked me how I was, and I told her I just wasn't feeling well. About that time I had to hang up and run for the bathroom to throw up. Yep, I got sick at school! At least I made to the bathroom, right?! Mrs. Bruce (the assistant principal) came down to check on me, and I told her I got sick. She told me to go to my room and get my purse and go home, so I did. Luckily I made it home without getting sick, but I stayed sick the rest of the day. I will spare you the details, but I will just say that I could not even keep a popsicle or gatorade down. I also had to put down the phone to get sick while talking to the nurse at my doctor's office.

It. Was. Awful.

The next day, I felt better, but still not great. I had my scheduled doctor's appointment that day anyway, so I went ahead and went. Everything looks great with the baby, but I am down 5 pounds. I haven't weighed what I do now since before I got pregnant with Ava. I also got a z-pack for all of this sinus stuff, so hopefully I will be feeling much better soon.

As for Keith, he is still not feeling great. Pray for him! He actually went to the doctor Wednesday because he was so sick-He NEVER goes to the doctor. He threw up all Tuesday night and has kept a headache. They gave him fluids for dehydration, a shot, and some antibiotics for the sinus infection. He just can't seem to get completely well, and I am tired of him feeling bad and being sick. :( Hopefully, he feel back to normal in a few days.

Keith's parents also both got this virus. His dad had to go to the ER and get fluids because of it, but they are both better now.

As I said, Ava has caught none of this....Thank goodness! I just hope she continues to stay well. I do not want her to feel like we did.

No comments: