Friday, January 1, 2010

A Few Resolutions

*Live completely off of Keith's salary---Starting today we are going to try our hardest to live completely off of Keith's salary (besides what to pay for Ava's daycare). I would like my income to go completely towards paying off the van/savings.

*Take better care of my house---This is something I have MAJORLY slacked on since I have started back working. When I come home in the afternoons, I am exhausted and I want to spend that precious time playing with Ava. I am going to try my best to do little by little in the house during the week, so I won't be so overwhelmed when it is time to clean up...hope that makes sense. :)

*Take more pictures and videos of Ava-We just got a nice, new camera. We also have a camcorder that we have not used as much as we should. I want to have lots of pictures for Ava to look back on when she grows up. My mom just gave me a scrapbook of me growing up, and I am so glad I have it. I want Ava to have the same thing.

*Learn to use coupons---This is another thing I am going to work hard on doing. Since we are trying to live off of Keith's salary, I will really need to know how to use coupons so we can save as much money as possible.

*Blog More---I have been so busy and have found it hard to find time to blog. That is something I want to do much better on this year. It's nice to be able to look back! I recently read through my blog from the beginning, and I wish I had posted more! :)

*Leave work at 3:00 as much as possible---I will be the first to admit that I don't always leave school at 3:00. A lot of the time I find myself staying late to do some work in my classroom, and I bring a lot of stuff home. Sometimes I have meetings after school, so it is not ALWAYS possible to leave right at 3. The way I look at it is that I don't bring my work from home to school, so why should I bring my schoolwork home. I am going to try really hard to work as hard as possible while I am at school so I do not have to bring any home.

I will let everyone know how my resolutions go! :)
Happy 2010!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Great goals! I would do well to set some of these same goals for myself!