Hey Everyone!
Just and update on what's been going on with the us! Nothing too big or exciting. We have been very busy, though!
-I am still job hunting. Praying something will come available very soon!
-I had to go to a wedding this past weekend in North Mississippi. For those of you who don't know, North Mississippi had HORRIBLE weather over the weekend. My poor friend's wedding was an outside wedding, and the weather started getting bad during the rehearsal. The had the rehearsal dinner at my groom's mother's house WITHOUT electricity! David told me that they had a "candlelight dinner"! The bride and her bridesmaids were supposed to stay at the house where the wedding was going to be held. They were unable to, though, because the house had no electricity. The next morning they went to the wedding site to find that there were TREES down EVERYWHERE!! They had a tree blocking the drive, and a tree fell over all of the chairs. There were also other trees down. David (the groom) thought there was no way they were going to be able to have the wedding outside, but they got everything cleaned up, and it was a beautiful wedding (even though the inside of the house was still withough electricity). I told David that it would be a GREAT story to tell their children one day! They were very good sports about it!
I headed back to Brandon after the wedding, and got caught in really big hail on the interstate! Very scary...I hate bad weather, so I freaked! I pulled under an overpass until it passed, and it was smooth sailing the rest of the way home!
-We had Ava's one year photos last Friday. I will post the link tomorrow. She was so good, and they turned out great! I think I have got it narrowed down to what we will choose.
-Keith's birthday was last Monday. He turned the big 3-0. Keith is a twin, so my sister-in-law, Nancy, and I were going to surprise Keith and Kevin by getting box seats at the Mississippi Braves' game and have a birthday party there, but they ended up going out of town so it didn't work out. We did have a great day, though! We went out to eat and had a lot of fun!
-We are having VBS at church this week, and let me just say it is exhausting!!! HOWEVER, it has been so much, and I am so glad I have been able to help. I have been taking Ava to the closing session each night, and she loves the music! :)
-Ava and I are going to the beach this weekend with my sister-in-law, Nancy! This will be Ava's first beach trip, so I will be sure to post pictures when we get back! :)
-Next weekend, I have another wedding. I am in this one, so it should be fun. It is at the same place as the one I went to this past weekend! Pray for good weather!!! :)
Well, I hope everyone is having a fabulous week! I know this post is kind of boring without pictures, but I just wanted to update everyone what's been going on with us! Check back tomorrow for a link to Ava's pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Oh, I hate bed weather too! It terrifies me! I can't wait to see Ava's pictures :o) Have fun at the beach. I'm dying to take Aubrey to the beach!
Post a Comment